Technologies & Tools:
Objective-C, iOS SDK 4.3, Xcode 4, FaceBook API, Google Maps API, SQLite, Google Analytics,
The customer is a Belgian clothes and shoe producer and retailer. The target audience of the company is young people who are using smartphones and social media and up-to-date devices actively, so they wanted to use the media effectively to engage potential customers and introduce new items to them.
The customer needed to develop a mobile application (iPhone/iPad) that will serve as a marketing tool for promoting new collections of clothes and shoes, driving new customers to the shops and also boost Facebook engagement.
OCSICO team developed a solution that gives the customer several sets of functionality. In general the application is a kind of game that allows viewing new collections of the brand, and “trying” it on a doll. This way the application users can try various combinations of the products and get additional information on the collections.
“Looks” creation and modification functionality:
- Character (doll) features modification – skin and eye colour, hairstyle, etc.
- Outfit changes – the customer can change the shoes, dresses, trousers, coats, accessories for the character.
- A look can be “liked” – then the look I saved as a “key look”.
- The application receives messages (from Facebook) about new collections. The user can view the collections and items in the collections.
- When a separate item is viewed, the name, customer comment, and a link to a web store is displayed. Moreover, the customer can view a map with relevant shops pinpointed.
- The user can add items from the collection to the personal set of items, or just “try” it on at once.
- The “key looks” can be posted to the customer’s Facebook wall. The application allows Facebook authorization inside the application.
- The “key looks” are posted to the Facebook wall as a regular update, and all the comments are received in the application as notifications, so the customer can get feedback on the views directly in the application.
- Two looks can be posted at a time, so a poll is created.
An offline mode of the application is implemented – all the changes are saved in cache and synchronized when the smartphone is connected to the internet.
The result of the joint work between the customer’s and OCSICO’s teams was a successful delivery and integration of the developed application.
Please submit a short project request, and our account managers will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss our future cooperation. Start Your Project with OCSICO