Technologies & Tools:
- Intel Parallel Studio and Intel C++ Compiler Professional.
- OpenCV – Open Source Computer Vision is a library of programming functions mainly aimed at real time computer vision.
- IPP – Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives (Intel® IPP) is an extensive library of multicoreready, highly optimized software functions for digital media and data-processing applications.
- NVIDIA CUDA – general purpose parallel computing architecture that leverages the parallel compute engine in NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPUs) to solve many complex computational problems in a fraction of the time required on a CPU.
The customer is a recognized authority in the production of collaborative category management and store mapping solutions.
The customer wanted to develop a solution enabling a retailer or distributor to analyze consumers’ behavioral patterns, more effectively plan merchandizing activities, estimate work of sales personnel, thus resulting in sales and profit increases.
OCSICO developed an innovative computer vision solution for the retail industry that can gather a large amount of merchandising information, such as:
- Analysis of store’s staff activities and intercommunication with customers;
- Tracking of the customers’ movements and activities, including counting customers in specific areas;
- Queue analysis (average number of customers in line, average waiting time, leave count, etc.);
- Hand movement tracking (detection of most popular shelves, products, places);
- Merchandising data collection and analysis.
OCSICO’s team successfully solved the challenging task and promptly delivered the solution consisting of the following components:
- A set of camera software (image capturing, camera setup and calibration, camera status monitoring);
- People tracking module (tracking of store staff and customers, using fish-eye cameras);
- Shelf tracking module (tracking of hand movements);
- Fridge tracking module (tracking of hand movement, when interacting with glass-door fridge);
- SilverLight portal (access point for all gathered data and analytics).
Please submit a short project request, and our account managers will get back to you within 24 hours to discuss our future cooperation. Start Your Project with OCSICO