Nobody doubts that mobile devices have become an integral part of our lives. Taking into consideration a rich variety of them one can always find something to satisfy his/her needs. A mobile device is no longer only a means of communication; it also serves as a portable source of information having an access to the Web, Social media and entertainment. Modern Smartphones are based on innovative operating systems providing its users with the richest content.
I would say that iOS and Android are topping mobile industry at present. Technology news keep watching and spotlighting this battle. Everybody’s wondering who will be #1. Let’s focus on Android today.
Android is a software stack for mobile devices that includes an operating system, middleware and key applications. Google Inc. purchased the initial developer of the software, Android Inc., in 2005. Android’s mobile operating system is based on the Linux kernel. Usage of Android-based phones is rapidly growing, while sales of Android handsets have been growing at over 30% monthly.
Speaking about the major advantages of Android:
- Wide array of open-source cross platform applications;
- Users get full control over the system and core handset functionality;
- Wide choice of carries and handset manufacturers;
- Android platform can be deployed on handsets with different hardware and different functional characteristics;
- Java, C/C++ technologies used to for development of customized applications;
- Possibility to use Android applications on Tablets and Netbooks;
- Users can download their favorite apps from the Android market and to enjoy running even several of them simultaneously.
Android is an admired platform which has attained striking success and popularity among the communities of mobile software developers and mobile phone users.
If you want to catch up with the modern tendencies in the mobile world, if you have an idea of an unusual application, if you want your business to go mobile but you lack knowledge, time and have a limited budget – OCSICO team is there for you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us!